Intentaremos conocer a Nelson Mandela a través del amplio legado que nos ha dejado y que perdurará a través del tiempo: sus palabras. Hemos seleccionado lo que para nosotros son 10 de las más relevantes frases que ha dicho a lo largo de su vida,
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.”
- “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
- “I have walked that long road to freedom. I have tried not to falter; I have made missteps along the way. But I have discovered the secret that after climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. I have taken a moment here to rest, to steal a view of the glorious vista that surrounds me, to look back on the distance I have come. But I can only rest for a moment, for with freedom come responsibilities, and I dare not linger, for my long walk is not ended.”
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
- “No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.”
- “Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.”
- “If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart.”
- “I am fundamentally an optimist. Whether that comes from nature or nurture, I cannot say. Part of being optimistic is keeping one's head pointed toward the sun, one's feet moving forward. There were many dark moments when my faith in humanity was sorely tested, but I would not and could not give myself up to despair. That way lays defeat and death.”
- “If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner.”
- “Death is something inevitable. When a man has done what he considers to be his duty to his people and his country, he can rest in peace. I believe I have made that effort and that is, therefore, why I will sleep for the eternity.”
El pasado día 28 de Noviembre fue acción de gracias o Thanksgiving day, nos surgen muchas preguntas al respecto, como ¿qué se celebra? ¿por qué se celebra?...para dar respuesta a algunas de éstas preguntas y algunas más, os pasamos un artículo donde hacen una breve descripción de algunas de sus principales características, ¡esperamos que lo disfrutéis!
1.Thanksgiving day tradicion
Thanksgiving Day is a communal celebration marked as a sense of gratitude people feel for all the good things in life. This is done by offering prayers, gifting your near and dear ones. The fourth Thursday in the month of November is marked for the yearly celebration. The tradition of Thanksgiving continues till date in the form of
2.Family: Reunion and Feasting
Family feast is an important tradition during Thanksgiving. The entire family sits at the table during dinner and offer prayer to the Lord Almighty for his continuous grace. It is also a time for relatives living in different places to come together and celebrate.
3.Meals: Tradition of Turkey
The traditional stuffed turkey adorns every dinner table during the feast. Pumpkin pie, Cranberry sauce, Corns are some of the dishes cooked everywhere to mark the day. Though historians don't have an evidence to prove that turkey was eaten during the first Thanksgiving dinner, but the thanksgiving celebration will be incomplete without it.
The traditional Thanksgiving parade probably started with President Lincoln proclaiming it an official day. The full- dress parade is a way to display the country's military strength and discipline. The main aim of such parades is to lift the spirits of the spectators, provide them with wholesome entertainment. In the present day, parades are accompanied with musical shows and celebrities.
5.Moore traditions: Football Games
Watching NFL football during Thanksgiving is a popular tradition. The traditional game between the Detroit Lions and the Green Bay Packers continues. One of the most memorable games having been played on this day.
Hoy vamos a practicar inglés con una sopa de letras o como se dice en inglés word search, jugando a éste juego tan sencillo enriqueceremos nuestro vocabulario, además éstos juegos son ideales para facilitar el aprendizaje del idioma.
El Word search de hoy es sobre verduras y hortalizas, tenéis que localizar las palabras ocultas dentro de la sopa de letras, cuando encontréis una debéis poner el ratón sobre la primera letra y arrastrar el ratón hasta llegar a la última, si es una de las palabras escondidas, la palabra quedará registrada en el cuadro de “words found”, ¡ánimo! sólo son 15 palabras, have fun!